Create an account
Your first step to buying at Christie’s is to create an account and verify your identity.
As soon as you create an account, you can:?
- Save your interests for personalised recommendations
- Follow lots and auctions and keep track of them in your account
- Access lot condition information
Verify your identity and you can also:?
- Register and bid in auctions?
- Access Christie’s LIVE™, our online bidding platform for live auctions?
- View your invoices, arrange shipping and checkout online??
- Track the progress of any items you're selling? ??
To buy or sell at Christie’s, we need to verify your identity to comply with anti-money laundering and sanction laws and protect against fraud. We’ll ask you for copies of the following documents when you create an account:
- Your passport or other government-issued photo ID
- Proof of your residential address (such as a bank statement or utility bill) dated within the last three months
You can also upload your documents later by clicking ‘Complete profile’ in your account.
Business or organisational accounts
If you’d like to set up an account for a business, trust or organisation, please contact Client Services. We’ll ask you for a copy of formal documents evidencing:
- The organisation’s incorporation
- Its registered office and business address
- Its directors
- Its shareholders and any ultimate beneficial owners
- Authorisation for the individuals allowed to bid on behalf of the organisation, plus a copy of the government-issued photo ID for each authorised individual